Thursday, February 11, 2010

Little Cousin Going to the Chapel..


**Dawnelle & Her Nephew Liam**

My little cousin Dawnelle, who I affectionately know as "Nellie Bee" is getting married on Saturday. Because I didn't have brothers and sisters of my own, I always embraced my cousins, and in my heart they are my siblings. Dawnelle was always my pal growing up. She was quiet, a little shy, but always sweet, and so funny. She is 28 now, and I am 30. I have fond childhood memories, and so many of them include Nellie Bee. We slept at eachother's houses all the time, we ran back and forth from my grandma's house, to our aunt Lucy's and back to her house all summer long. We ate Popsicles on her front step, we played house, we played games, we fought, we climbed trees, we did cartwheels, and we laughed, and had fun. When you are young like that, it doesn't seem like you have to cherish the moments, because it seems as if it will be like that forever. Then you grow up, and take different paths, and things eventually change. I have the best memories of our youth together, and for that I am happy. I wish we saw one another more, but I know that Dawnelle loves me, and I love her. I am in her wedding, and I am really looking forward to it. It will be so fun to see my family that I haven't seen in a while, to dance, and celebrate! She will be a beautiful bride.. that "little" cousin of mine.

1 comment:

Kiera said...

She looked so beautiful and her wedding was soooo FABULOUS. I am so glad we were in it together, because I didnt know any of the other girls and you and I always have fun together! It was a fun night, but I was MORE then thrilled to get my dress and shoes off and hair down.