Thursday, February 25, 2010

Grandma.. I'm thinking of you


Today the sky is grey
I think about you grandma, so far away
Remember you laughing, remember you loving
When you died, I could never picture me recovering

It has been some time since you passed
Yet everyday I think of you, and when I saw you last
When your eyes closed away from this place
And my tears fell softly on your face

You were one person who thought I had hung the moon
You were gone too soon
I lost my biggest fan
How I wish I could still hold your hand

I used to pray that God would take you when he took me
That was selfish, I know... but that is how I wanted it to be
So I wouldn't know how it is to live without you
I really had no clue

Grandma I loved you then, and love you now with all my heart
And I really hate being apart
But I know that I have the best of what you gave
Your love is blooming inside me, and helps me to be brave

Thank you Grandma
I will forever think of you with awe
Until we meet again someday
In that glorious skyway

2 comments:

Kiera said...

Awwww, what a nice poem! Did you write that?

Mayme was an awesome Grandma. Now just think- she is celebrating everyday with the Lord. How great that would be!

Brianna said...

Thanks Kiera! Yes I wrote it... and I am happy that she is with Jesus.. but I still miss her.