Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Could I Quit My Day Job?


Sometimes I sit and think about what I really love to do. How fun it would be to be able to have a job doing something that you love. I love to write stories, draw, doodle, and do most artsy stuff. I love painting nails, combing hair, and makeup. I would love to have a card shop, where I designed greeting cards, and wrote uplifting messages, or cute thank you cards, I love you cards, and so on. Or it would be so great to be able to write a children's book. Growing up my nose was always stuck in a book by Judy Blume, or Beverly Cleary. I loved books like Iggie's House, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Ramona the Pest, or Sheila the Great. My imagination was always going full force when I would read those books. I remember always thinking how I would love to write a book for young readers.

I admire people who follow their dreams, and do something they love. I have a job that provides security, my job is not difficult, and I am thankful for it. Still, sometimes I think that it would be so wonderful to have a job that my heart loves.

Maybe I am just bored... but I seriously feel like I need to do something different in my life. I feel like I am neglecting a part of my soul. There is an emptiness, and I am not quite sure how to fill it. I feel restless. Maybe it is that time seems to be moving so fast. Maybe it is wondering if we will have a baby, and maybe it is just that these feelings are a part of growing, and the process of getting older. Whatever it is, it is something.

No comments: