Wednesday, March 4, 2009

God Is an Awesome God


The world is very scary... if you don't have God. I turn on the news and almost everything I hear is bad. Our economy is in a crisis, murders are happening all over the world, and people are living their lives as if they have no one to answer to. Watching it all is our creator, God, and I wonder how he does it. How does he handle the rejection over and over from the people he created?

It blows my mind when I hear that people don't believe in God. He is all around. He is in the faces of babies, and children. He is in the nature around us... He was the true hero that kept that plane a float on the Hudson river.... yet he seldom gets the credit. People say a man's religion his is own business... maybe so, but someday if that person chooses to ignore God, the time will come when he will face him in Death, and it will be too late. Every kind thing that we as people could ever do all comes from that love that God programmed us with. He is the giver of life, of love, of hope.Unfortunately we all are sinners, and fall short every single day, but when you have God in your life he is always reminding you in your ear that he is there, that he is in control. He is forgiving,and his promises are new every day. The little voice in your head that tells you when you are doing something wrong, science may call it the conscience, but it is the Holy spirit that God instilled in us. It is God guiding us to make good decisions. It bothers me so bad when I hear people call Christian's "Holy Roller" Then I think back to when Jesus was beaten, and tortured as he carried the cross that he would be nailed to... all by people who mocked him, and didn't believe. Still today Christians are mocked for loving, and believing in God, when all we want is to lead all of our loved ones to Christ... because this world is surely temporary.

Christians are human and the biggest misconception is that Christians think they are perfect. This couldn't be farther from the truth. A true Christian knows 100% that they are a sinner, that they are imperfect, and they know that they need God to pick them up when they fail, and fall, because without him life is truly a mess. I so want to become a better Bible reader... I want to know the stories, so that I can better defend God when I find myself in a heated discussion about "religion." It is so important to read the Bible. A friend from Church once told me the Bible is like the owners manual for your life... how true that is.

Sometimes I think about dying, and it is scary, but my faith comes in because I know that I have asked Jesus to come into my heart, I know that he knows my desire is to be what he wants me to be, so I rest in knowing that he is in control with me. If I didn't have God I would truly be petrified. The minute we are born we are dying, for the days go by faster,and faster.

Mark Chapter 8 verse 38 it reads " For whoever is ashamed of Me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."

Revelation reads on 22 12-14 "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to everyone according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie."


God is watching, He is coming like a thief in the night. He will rescue all who choose him from the darkness, and fear of this world. I am not ashamed of loving him, or believing. If anything I am ashamed of my faults in his eyes... but I am working on it. My prayer often is "God, I know I am not worthy of your sacrifice, I know I fall short of your glory, but the one thing I don't want to fail at in this life is getting to you, so please help me get to you, guide me." And I know he hears me, and I know he is with me... just as he is with anyone who calls for him.

No comments: