
Today I went for a jog after work. The day was so beautiful, and I couldn't help but try to steal some of it before the sun went down. I thought about taking the dogs with me, but was worried about taking both of them. Ebony is too fast, and Cooter is too slow. Just when I decided to take the chance, I couldn't find the leashes.. so I went alone. Sorry dogs... maybe next time.
As my feet hit the pavement my mind began to wander. I thought about how good it felt to get some exercise, and how nice it was to be outside. When I was little I used to be outside all the time. Playing basketball, playing tag, doing cartwheels up and down the street, just running around. Now as I have gotten to be an adult I don't often go outside... and it's a shame.
I feel that I am just noticing all the beautiful things in life more. God is so amazing in the life that is around us. I saw children playing at the park on my run around the neighborhood. They were laughing so carefree, so innocent. If they only knew that soon their childhood will become adulthood. When you're little you don't think you will ever be older, and then one day if you're like me you realize that you wish you could remember more what it felt like to be a kid.
All that from an afternoon jog... I really enjoyed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment