Tonight I made homemade chicken soup. Recipe courtesy of Pat Duran. I must say it is a delicious soup. Good for cold days, sick days, or just plain 'ol need a hug comfort day. I like it so much I thought I'd post it here.
What You Will Need:
3-4 Chicken Breasts
1 pkg of Bacon
1 yellow onion
3-4 celery stalks
1 cup of White Long Grain Rice
salt
In a good sized pot fill with water half full if you like lots of broth, less if not
Begin boiling water, Once water is boiling add chicken breasts to water
Cut bacon into small cubes, fry in large frying pan.
While bacon is frying chop onion very small. I use about a third of a regular yellow onion. Chop celery into small pieces.
Once bacon is fried crispy, add onion and celery to frying pan, simmer until onion,and celery appear somewhat translucent. When this is done drain excess fat, and set aside.
Take fully cooked chicken breasts out of boiling water, and shred with two forks. When done add chicken back to pot with original water. Add bacon,celery and onion mixture to pot. Add about a tablespoon of salt. Add 1 cup of long grain white rice. Let soup boil. Keep checking, you will be able to tell when the rice is cooked. Taste, add more salt if needed, I always add more as I taste. Serve with crackers, and enjoy!
1 comment:
In "what you will need" you forgot to add "white rice"... it is in your directions but not in what you will need. I tried making chicken noodle soup in crock pot... it was ok- didnt make it like this. I will have to try it this way. IT SOUNDS YUMMY. You made the pregnant woman HUNGRY now. :-)
Post a Comment