I really love music, all kinds too. Christian music helps me to really connect with God. Singers like Jeremy Camp, Point of Grace, or Darlene Zcheck just have such beautiful songs that praise God. So many times I will be driving in my car listening to these singers, and I will literally start crying because their words touch my heart so much. Jeremy Camp is so awesome. First I was attracted to his voice, and his songs are so beautiful.He is like the Nickel Back, of Christian music. Because I was loving his songs so much I googled him, I wanted to know more about him. In Wikipedia I read about his life. Wow, what an inspiration he is. He is an awesome man of God. He got married at the age of 21 to a beautiful girl, Melissa Camp. Melissa had ovarian cancer. Jeremy fell in love with her because of her devotion and love to Christ. He first spotted her at a concert he was performing, her hands raised high praising God. He knew she had cancer, but told the Lord that if she told him she loved him, he would ask her to marry him. She did, and they got married. She died not even a year later. Jeremy's faith is evident in his life, and his music, and he inspires me to love the Lord with all my heart, and to try my best to do what God wants me to do. God is using him to witness to people about the love of our Savior.
Music is empowering. It helps people workout better, clean house better, music can lure a crying baby to sleep, help a grieving heart cry. And like I said above you can connect with God, who is responsible for the gift by the way. Music is beautiful. Actually people have teased me before because ever since I was younger I was always listening to Better Midler, Atlantic Star, Whitney Houston, Chicago, Celine Dion... I guess you could say I am a romantic at heart. I loved to imagine myself on a big stage, while people watched me dance to Bette Midler'a song "From A Distance...you look like my friend, even though we are at war..." Or I would bust out to Whitney Houston's " I wanna dance with somebody" I mean just now even writing this I am bobbing my shoulders.
Then there is Country music. I love singers like Reba, Brad Paisely, Kenny Chesney, Sugarland and so many more. Country songs always have a way of telling a story. Like the song, I can't think of the singer but it is called " I loved her first" and it is about a father and how he is telling the man that is going to marry his daughter that he loved her first, held her first, and a part of his heart will always be hers. I just love those kinds of songs, because they make people stop and think, stop and realize that in this life these are the scenarios that we live.
I am a firm believer that God has a plan for us. Every single one of us has a story, amd our path is not just an ordinary life to God. We are his children, and we matter to him, he loves us individually for who he made us to be. With that said.. he made certain people love music. Some people have a gift to sing or actually play an instrument. I have the desire to listen to the music, feel the music, and appreciate the music. And I do. I really, really do.
1 comment:
Amen, Sista!!!!!
I loved her first is by Heartland! That is a good song. Now for the rest of the day I am going to have "I wanna dance with somebody" in my head. Other Christian music you should hear- Jaci Velasquez- google her and you can hear her music, Switchfoot is a Christian rock band. They are good also!
Love ya!
Post a Comment