Monday, November 9, 2009
Birthday Dinner
This past weekend my mother in law celebrated her 50th birthday. She is such a sweet person, always doing wonderful things for the people she loves. You ask, and she is there. We wanted to make her birthday special, and nice for her. She stated to my father in law that she did not want a big birthday party, but he knew that celebrating her birthday with her family would be something she would love. So we got together and schemed a dinner party at our house. Char, Paula's bestfriend was such a big help. Randy got Paula a massage on the day of her birthday at La Bella. After the massage he told her they were going to our house to pick up Cory and I, and then we would go to dinner, and Casey would meet us. But instead we had dinner all ready for her at our house. I wish that I would have taken pictures... the one flaw of the night. We set the table really pretty with flowers and candles. Had flowers in the living room, with some balloons, and a Happy Birthday sign. When she rang the door bell, we opened the door, and she saw the birthday banner, and then noticed the flowers, and then Casey and Char jumped out of the laundry room and yelled Happy Birthday. She just had the biggest smile. On the dinner menu was Baby Back Ribs, Baked beans, salad, and baked potatoes. Char's mom made Paula a carrot cake from scratch, which was delicious. The whole dinner, if I say so myself was so good. Everything came out just right. But the best thing was how happy Paula was. She loved it, and that was our goal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Paula is such a sweet lady! Glad she enjoyed her Birthday. And I bet your ribs came out GOOD!
Post a Comment