On Tuesday night my friend at work found out that her mother's cancer came back. Two years later after rejoicing that her cancer had gone away, now her mother faces the same feelings she had before. I have had close people to me deal with cancer, and the fight that takes place. I can only imagine what it feels like to know that something in your body is trying to take over. Not only is it a physical fight it is a mentally emotional fight. Those worries, and concerns of wondering if you are going to die. Worrying about your loved ones, and how they will cope if they lose you to cancer. Wondering how to get through it, when fear is embedded in every thought. I just don't know how people that are faced with it do it. If you beat cancer, that worry and fear of it returning is always there, I am sure.
There is a feeling of helplessness that comes when I have heard of loved ones faced with cancer, or even strangers. I wish I could do something, I wish I could help them. I wish that I could make it go away. I prayed this past weekend for my friend's mother. I prayed that the news the doctors had to tell her were nothing involving cancer. And then when my friend came to work, I saw in her face that the cancer had returned. I see her worry, I see her feeling helpless. And it makes me sad. It makes me sad, and it makes me feel lucky at the sametime. Lucky that I am healthy. It makes me feel scared that we never know what lies ahead on the road of our life. It makes me cling to God, in prayers, in hope, and in relief that he is there to tame my worries, and fears.
Cancer. It is a scary word, a scary reality for so many people. Please, pray for all of those who are dealing with it. That is one way each and everyone can help. God listens, all day, everyday.
1 comment:
He does answer prayers. We can all testify to that! I will pray Bri. Is it Patsys mom?
Post a Comment