Sunday, February 15, 2009

I Heart Bowling...


Who knew bowling could be so fun?? I remember the first time that I went bowling with Cory. I think I scared him, along with other people behind me as I swung the ball for my roll down the lane. What can I say?? Growing up I never went bowling, so I didn't really have a clue that there is actually an art to bowling. So, we went bowling a couple times after the first and pretty much I was still the scary person at the bowling alley.

About a month ago Cory called me at work and said " So do you want to go bowling tonight with Chad, and Linda?" I said "Sure, sounds like fun." What I didn't expect is that I would actually feel any different about bowling then any of the other times I bowled. Well...I actually really started to care about how I was throwing or rolling that ball. Maybe it's my age, or maybe its that I am tired of always being the "worst" player... I found that I like bowling... and it is fun to get a Strike or a Spare. I am finding that I am capable... if I put some effort. I am not that scary anymore... still I look funny, and don't have the best form, but at least I don't have people thinking that I am going to fling my ball in the wrong direction and knock someone out.

I never really thought about having my own bowling ball, or shoes. Now I do think the rented shoes at the bowling alley are, well... gross. I just think of all those germs from different people living in those shoes... yuck. I knew that Cory wanted his own bowling ball... and I was fine with that. It was understandable, after all he is pretty good. And since we have been bowling with Chad, and Linda on Monday's, and are really enjoying it, why not get our own stuff? So we decided that he should get his own ball. I expressed that I would be interested in getting my own bowling shoes... you know so my own germs could live in them, instead of someone elses. So Cory ventured off one afternoon after work and saw a man about a Bowling Ball. He got him all fixed up.... and got his own bowling ball drilled to fit his fingers, as well as bowling shoes, and a snazzy bowling bag. So then Cory calls me and says very excitedly " Babe, you should meet me over here, and get you a bowling ball... you'll love it!" I replied " Um me??, I don't need a ball, but I will take shoes." "Come on, Bran this is going to be our hobby, you'll be happy you did it.. it can be our Valentine's present." I thought it was cute, and could see that Cory was really wanting me to have a bowling ball...so I said okay... and you know I am happy about it. I now have my own HOT pink bowling ball, with shoes, and a pink and black bag to match. I opted for the HOT pink ball, since it was my Valentine present, I thought the color was fitting. I was able to try my bowling ball out, and I think having it drilled to fit my fingers does help.

Everytime we walk into a Bowling alley, I get a flashback of old Roseanne episodes. The Conner family always used to go bowling. It is a simple pleasure... gets people together, and is fun. I never thought I would say that Bowling was a hobby of mine... but somehow it found its way into my life.

No comments: