Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Computer Recovery


Our computer got a virus. It was bad, and I think that people that are out there, sending these viruses out to people just to make their life stressful are MEAN! Saturday was the day that Cory was conned into clicking on a dreaded button that took over our nice little laptop. There were pop ups everywhere!! Luckily it wasn't a malicious virus that was trying to steal our lives...just mess them up for a while. Chad tried to fix it... and it worked for a while, but we found out that traces of that nasty virus were hiding among computer nooks, and cranny's... so Ben the IT fellow from Cory's work finally got to the bottom of it, and it took him a day and a half. Sheesh.. I will tell you that I am a little scared. I was a naive net surfer, no fear as I searched blog after blog...but now, NOW I have the fear. So I guess what happened was somehow our Symantec Antivirus protection had expired. We didn't know, so we were not protected, and became vulnerable. Anyway this little episode has been part of the reasons I have been away. I shall be back with more stories, and thoughts soon.

1 comment:

Kiera said...

Having a good anti virus is a MUST but also expensive. Between our Spyware, Firewall, and Anti-Virus protection Don and I pay over $100 a year for everything. Yikes. Glad to have you back!!!!!