Wednesday, January 21, 2009

On The Loose With Words...


Writing is therapy to me. I have always liked it,along with reading. I am the kind of person who gets excited to write messages on my Christmas cards that I send out. I like to write stories, and have a bunch of notebooks with little stories started in them.

I like to find the kind of card that has the most beautiful message to give to Cory for his birthday, or for our anniversary, and then you know what I do? Yes I write more sappy stuff straight from my heart. My dear Cory does not like to read very much,so a simple Love, Brianna would probably be fine enough for him, but I can't help myself.

I also save all of my cards that people give me. I have all of our cards that we got for our wedding. I save them because I love to read what people wrote. I figure if they cared enough to write it, I should care enough to save it.

I grew up with a mom who left me notes all over the place. I found notes from her in my lunchbox, by my curling iron, on the kitchen table,notes that she stuck under the door to my room when I was sleeping. She always professed her love in these quirky little notes that she left me. I too found a way to write my love right back to her. When I moved out of my mom's house, one thing that I missed so much was her little notes. They became such a routine in my young life, that it was sad not to have it. I tried to begin the note tradition with Cory... it didn't work out. I was lucky to get a drawing of a smiley face in reply. Actually it is quite funny. So when I go to visit my mom, I always find a notepad, and write her something that she will find later... and it makes me smile to know that she will appreciate the loving words, and they will touch her heart.

I think that a love for writing comes from a love for reading...at least that was the case for me. Reading a book opens a whole new world to me, filled with new places, and interesting people. I can visit places I've never physically been to. If I am ever blessed to have children I will read to them every chance I get. It is so important, it helps people spell better, speak better, and it is so good for the imagination.

Today was somewhat of a stressful day. I have had a lot on my mind. Right now though, I am at peace typing away on this laptop. Right now, I am consumed by something that I enjoy. This little blog is becoming to be a nice little outlet, because it allows me to write whatever I want. It is like a little release of all the thoughts I keep stored in my mind, yet they don't get lost...they have a place right here, and I can visit them later.

2 comments:

Kiera said...

You have always been a good writer. I enjoy reading your stuff!!!!
I started saving cards I get also. Because you taught me how to make gift tags out of them, and that is WAY cool!!!!!

Kiera!

Anonymous said...

Brianna,
You know how I am always telling you that you remind me of my Mom. Guess what...My Mom is also very particular with her greeting cards. I usually take her to a halmark store at the beginning of the month to pick out all the cards she wants to send out that month. Usually an hour later, after reading several hundred,(just kidding) we leave with the cards that perfectly match the person and occasion. She saves all the cards she receives from my sisters and me as well as ones from my Father. She stores the cards in separate boxes that are from the last 30 years plus. Oh yeah, and she can't read a card out loud without shedding a tear.

Linda