
Friday evening, after work I went to a cookie exchange party that my friend Linda invited me to. It was a fun little party, good finger foods were served, tasteful drinks, and good conversation. Upon leaving Linda, the hostess with the mostess (she is always a wonderful, thoughtful host) gave each of us a beautiful ornament to take home. It was so thoughtful, and sweet. Her generous little gift got me thinking how special Christmas ornaments really are.
Our Christmas tree was given to us by a good friend Char. It really is a beautiful tree, and everyone always thinks it is real. My mom gave me most of our Christmas ornaments. Pretty much all of them, that in itself makes them special. In the last three years that we have been married I have accumalated some new ones. I love to look at the Christmas tree, at night when the lights are twinkling, and this year I have been so in love with my tree.
This lovely ornament is the one Linda gave me on Friday night.

I think it is so pretty, and every year when I put up the tree, and pull out this ornament, I will always remember the moment Linda gave it to me. It came in a beautiful box.
Some of my other favorites are my beautiful cat ornaments from my mother in law.

The ornaments represent my love for cats, and really personalize the tree... I really need to search for some doggie ornaments too. I also have a cute cat ornament that my aunt Lucy gave to me. You push the stomach,and it plays "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" only instead of words, it meows.


Another favorite ornament is a little grey mouse that my mom painted a long time ago. It is so cute, and my favorite part is his little glittery brim on his hat.

I think that I am really going to start giving ornaments as gifts... they are really such a nice gift, and they never lose their charm. I am so in the Christmas spirit. As I end this post I am lovingly gazing at my beautiful lit tree, that is adorned with the most special ornaments...sigh.
1 comment:
How cute Ginger looks under your tree. Nice and cozy!!!!!
Post a Comment