
*mason and his cousin sheyenne*
I've always heard the saying it takes a village to raise a child. Now that I have a child that phrase takes on new meaning. Being a mom is amazing, yet it is a big and challenging responsibility. I have this little, beautiful, miraculous soul that God entrusted me to care for. He depends on Cory and I, he needs us. It feels so good to love him, to care for him, to clean him, to feed him, to play with him, to comfort him by rocking, singing, and kisses. As I have taken on this new role of mom, I am seeing how growing up with my mom played such a big part of getting me ready for this exact time in my life. My mom was and is a great mom. She nurtured me, took care of me, and everything she did for me stayed with me, and as I am mothering Mason I pull from that love I had growing up. My mom also surrounded me with a village, my grandma, and my three aunties. These women all loved me, and I can clearly see that they all taught me how to take care of my baby. The tender way I cuddle him, I had that. The tickles and goofy voices and sounds I do to make him laugh, I had that. The concern of making sure he is warm, or cool, and comfortable, I had that. I appreciate my mom, but now that I know what it really is to be a mom, makes me appreciate her even more. And I also am grateful for that village that surrounded me. I can truly say Mason also has quite a village around him, and everyday I feel so lucky to add to his experience of living. This morning I laid Mason on my bed and cuddled next to him. His beautiful eyes pierced through my soul as they do everyday an once again I thanked God that he chose me for him. I thought about how I didn't know if I'd ever have a baby. No matter how I pictured what our baby would be like, I never knew he could be as perfect as our little Mason.
No comments:
Post a Comment