Thursday, September 8, 2011
Saying Goodbye
Lastnight I went to a retirement for my former co worker Ken Podborny. When I decided to stay home with Mason full time, I was sad to be leaving Wildlife Services. It really was a great place to work, and like one big family. I really can say that if I ever needed anything I could reach out to the people I worked closely with for 8 years. Anyway I knew that I would miss Ken. He is a smart man, a family man, honest, hardworking, and even though he acts tough at times, he is really a softie. I have been reflecting on the way life is since I had my baby boy. Suddenly life has changed... I am on a new chapter in my life and now so is Ken. I feel happy for Ken that he is going to move to Texas to be near his daughter and his grandsons. I am thinking about how people come in and out of my life. I know I probably won't see Ken again, but I will always remember him.He was a man of wisdom, and I learned a lot about being a good person from him. Ken told me once that you should always say what you want to another person because if you don't let them know how you feel no one else will. Lastnight at his party even though I don't like to speak in front of people, I made sure I told Ken that I admired him,that I thought he was a great supervisor, and that he would be missed. Ken is taking a lot of work and life experience with him, and I know that he made a big contribution to Wildlife Services with his service as a great employee. So it seems the season of knowing Ken in my life has come to an end.. I'm glad to have known him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment