Monday, August 2, 2010

Happy Campers

This past weekend we went camping. Well it wasn't really hardcore camping, because we stayed in my brother in laws camper. Cory wanted to set up our tent, but to be honest with all the bear attacks going on lately, I preferred to stay in the camper. Cory really wanted to stay in the tent, and usually I give in, but this time it came down to flipping a coin. And I won the toss.. so camper it was. It was a lot of fun though. We played UNO on Friday night.. I forgot how fun that game is. Casey and Randy played the guitar and sang songs for us. It was so nice. Smores, fly fishing, fresh air, yummy food, girl talk, and lots of laughing.. oh yeah and dirty hair, and no make up, and smelling like smoke from the fire. I wore waders for the first time, and I have to say it was fun walking through the river and not have to worry about getting wet. It really is so beautiful in Conejos.

I wanted to try making these foil dinners that I read about here and here but I wasn't in charge of taking the food so maybe next time...but they look so yummy. One of these days I am going to try them.



Cory was really excited here because this is the first fish he caught,, look at his smile.



Casey and his girlfriend... she's is a nurse, and she is sweet.


My father in law, he is musically talented. If he is not playing an instrument, he is whistling, or tapping on something to make a beat.


My best buddy. He was worried that I was going to fall in the river... I have to say those rocks in the water are pretty slippery. And let's be honest... I seem to be accident prone.



I love this pic of my father in law and his boys. Handsome fellas I tell ya!


It really is fun to camp, and enjoy the fresh air. It was neat too because it also rained on Friday night, and the sound was soothing, and there is nothing better then the after rain smell in the woods. All in all it was pretty fantastic.

2 comments:

Kiera said...

Looks like you had fun!!!!!

Brianne said...

sounds like a great time! Wish I could go camping right now...where it is a tad cooler than here in Phx right now. Your next camping trip should be up here in AZ and we can all make those famous foil dinners :)