
She is my Eberneezer, my Ebbers, my Ebonnnnny, my Eb. Ebony. My sweet, loving dog. This morning I had to drop her off at the vet so she could have surgery. She has a growth on her left leg. We took her in, and the vet said it is a tumor. He was optimistic, and said that though he couldn't be sure without a biopsy from experience these types of tumors are cured with removal. As far as vet costs, it is a pretty pricey procedure, and the extra cost to send the tumor for testing we just can't afford. She is having the surgery to remove that nasty lump.. along with prayers that she will be okay. If we were to get the tumor biopsied.. what would we do if it was cancer? We don't have the money for treatment.. sadly. We love our dog so much. She has been with us since she was a puppy.. she has dragged me around the block for walks..., she has slept on her bed next to our bed, and woke us up with her snoring. Most of all she has loved us, and we adore her. Ebony.. I am praying for you, and I can't wait to pick you up and take you home... where you belong.
3 comments:
Awww poor Ebony. I will pray for her. Every time I shave my legs I think of her. I look at the HUGE scar on my leg that she gave me when we were camping (lol) and I think of her. Its OK though- she is a GREAT dog. Everything will be OK!
I'll pray for her too. You don't need to feel guilty about not having any biopsy, I'm sure she'll be fine, but even if she had something life threatening, I feel it's sometimes more humane to let them live their course than to try to change fate. It's just hard when you love them so much. Like I said, she'll be in my prayers.
I'm so sorry you are going through this. My prayers will be with you and Ebony. Isn't it amazing how much a pet is family? :)
Post a Comment