Someone filled up the candy jar in the front office here at work. I walked up front to take a treat.... and I spotted some jolly ranchers in the jar.
I. Love. Jolly. Ranchers.
They make my mouth water just thinking about them.
When I was between the dramatic ages of 13 and 16, I liked to be alone a lot. Being an only child I had no problem entertaining myself. An ideal afternoon would be a bag of assorted flavored jolly ranchers, and a good book. I'd curl up in my room reading and happily slurping the fruity, juicy,candy, with my imagination running wild. I can almost feel the breeze flowing in my open window, and remember the smell of my old room.
The minute I tasted one just now, I was instantly taken back to that period in my life. Isn't it funny how something as small as a taste can bring back such vivid memories! Today I would not allow myself to sit and indulge in a whole bag (A whole bag!) of jolly ranchers. The thought of it makes me envision my teeth rotting, and the sugar turning into fat in all the wrong places! But... back then it was fun, and I didn't worry about it at all.
Geez..... all that from a piece of candy.
3 comments:
I love it when something like a smell or taste takes me back in time to a great memory.
Hi Brianna,
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I loved it and I love meeting new people through this blogging world. I'm now off to browse your blog!
...i'm totally buying some now. it seems to be the "forgotten" candy around here...& SO YUMMY!!
Post a Comment