
Every year for my birthday, I usually try to do something nice for myself.. you know to tell myself "I love you, enjoy this treat from me... and PS. don't get any older." Anyway early this month a day before my birthday I went to the nail salon to get some acrylic nails put on. Kiera had just recently gotten hers done and they looked so pretty. I have never really minded my own nails, it is just that I like to keep them polished, and ever since I became a wife... it is a lot of maintenance.. polishing, and then it seems to chip right away, you know after dishes, and laundry, and cleaning, and cleaning, and more cleaning.I thought it would be nice to just not have to worry about polishing and filing. I got the nails... they looked beautiful. But soon they began to get on my nerves, but I waited it out, and decided since I spent money to put them on, I should at least get a refill once. After two weeks I went to have them filled. I was thinking that I'd wait until I needed another refill, and then get them taken off at the salon. Yesterday at work, as I was opening the bathroom door the nail on my index finger popped off. I could not contain myself... it was an opening to take them off... so I bit (gross) and gnawed (really gross) and occasionally ripped the nails off. My nail beds are really sore, and my actual nails will need a little time to get back to normal. I stopped over at Sally's beauty supply and got me a buffer to smooth out the ridges on my poor nails. It is a relief to have them off! They are really pretty on, but they just are not for me. I don't know how some ladies keep them on all the time. So, I am writing this here, so whenever I think I want to get nails on again... I will remember that I really won't like them in the end. Natural is better.
Soon they won't look this bad... I hope!
2 comments:
Amen! Natural is better (especially because it is SO much cheaper!). I have done this same thing so many times :)
I totally agree with natural being better! With all the gardening I do I find that it is just easier to paint them with colored polish when I anticipate light work and then paint them with a clear coat when I anticipate heavy work. That way my nails always look healthy and if the clear chips, no one will notice. I use Sally Hansen's Complete Care and it really makes my nails strong and healthy.
Post a Comment