Sunday, October 18, 2009

Life and a side of Stress


Who likes stress? Nobody that I can think of. Yet stress is something that people will have in life. Sometimes stress is light, but sometimes it can be heavy. Cory is stressed right now. When he is stressed... I become stressed. He is taking on a very important job at his work. He is having to do things that he has never done. If you know Cory, you know that he takes his work very seriously, and he always strives to do his best at whatever he does. This has always been a very admirable quality to me. His personality is that of a leader, he tackles things head on, and he puts his heart into all he does. On top of his new duties at work, he is getting sick. Thursday I came home and made him some homemade soup. After getting up and going to work early he still brought more work home and worked in our living room from 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm, and then went to bed. He has also done some work this weekend and still hasn't felt much better, and I can see in his face that his mind is flooded with thoughts. We are very blessed that Cory and I both have jobs (to stress us out), that we have our health, have eachother. People struggle day in and day out with all kinds of situations that cause stress. Our stress may be slim in someone elses eyes, yet stress is stress. Just if you are reading this, please pray for Cory that he can relax, and trust in God to guide him, and not let stress get the better part of him. One of Cory's favorite sayings is "Stress is like a rocking chair, it gets you nowhere." Now I just need to help him remember that!

1 comment:

Kiera said...

He is in my prayers!

I want some homemade soup (j/k).