Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Taste of Reality...

Tuesday I was in a car accident on my way to work. It was really scary, and unfortunately my fault. I absolutely did not see the mini van when I was turning resulting in my car getting t-boned. I cannot get the sound of the crash out of my head, or the feeling of impact as I had no control while my car completely swung around facing the opposite direction. When I was stopped, it was so surreal. Slowly looking around, still not sure that I had actually been through that, and that it seemed I was okay. With shaky hands I opened my door, and stepped out of the car. So dazed I practically got hit by a car while I walked around to see the side my car that was hit. It was awful. There was a woman in the mini van, she was by herself. She was okay too. Thank God. She was also a very, very nice person who was so sweet to me. I told her that I was so sorry, and that I simply just did not see her. She told me "life just happens atleast we are both okay." And that is just so very true. Aside from being really sore, and shaken up, I feel so very blessed. Sure it royally sucks that my car is most likely totaled, but really I am so lucky it wasn't me instead or the other woman. If something would have happened to her, I don't know if I could forgive myself. I am just so very thankful. I decided to take the rest of the week off from work. I am scared to get behind the wheel again, but I know I have too. This too shall pass. Life moves on.. thank goodness I am still here to move with it!

1 comment:

Kiera said...

Thank the Lord you and the other lady are OK. Cars are replaceable!