
It was hot. The sun scorched my face, and beads of sweat bubbled across my forehead. Out of the corner of my eye the pavement seemed to be smoking. And the leaves on the trees hung limp and overlapped one another trying to get shade from eachother. We needed rain. We were thirsty for a drink from the skies. The desert is the desert, but even the desert yearns for water, moisture, and rejuvenation. I prayed, Dear Lord please bring us rain. And time pressed on, and the heat danced, and then finally it rained. And the hot heat lessened, and then before I knew it fall drove in bringing relief. Crisp, and fresh, but just as comfort tries to settle in, the cold weather is lurking around, soon the cold will come slithering like a snake. We will nestle thankfully in our warm, cozy homes. So blessed in our heated blankets, with warm cups to heat our hands. Content for a moment. But then soon we will yearn for summer, because we are restless creatures. We will wish for that warm weather to kiss our skin, that is until... it gets hot. So hot that the pavement begins to smoke..again. Then we will pray for rain... and the cycle repeats. Here in NM anyway.
1 comment:
If I had a choice I would ALWAYS keep winter around. I hate the heat- as you know, I am always hot. So this winter... pray for snow!
Post a Comment