Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Loving My Grandma from Here to Heaven.....

I love September. I always have. But September is sad too, because September 5th of 2003, my sweet grandma passed away. It has been six years since I have heard her voice, hugged, kissed,or laughed with my grandma. I close my eyes and think about my favorite times with my grandma, and her smile is the first thing to come to mind. I know that my grandma is in heaven, so I am happy for her in that regard. Heaven is where I aspire to get to one day. But in the meantime while I am here, and she is there.. I really miss her.



She was a complete joy, a loving person who truly lived life to the fullest. My grandma could not hear. She lost her hearing when she was 12 years old after being sick with scarlet fever. I am sure it was sad for my grandma that she couldn't hear her children's voices, or any of her friends or family. Still she never complained, and she was a very happy person as long as she had her family around. She loved to sing and dance, and cook.You would think that someone who couldn't hear wouldn't be able to carry a tune, or bust a move, but my grandma sure did. She sang and danced her heart out, and it was literally music to my ears!

When I was little she played cards, and made up games with me. She took care of me while my mom worked, and she instilled love, and values in my heart. She was a wonderful mother, who nurtured her family, loved people, and loved God. She taught me so much. It is hard to lose someone who is so good in your life, hard to know that I can't see or talk to her anymore, and it is sad not to have her here for all the special moments. I am thankful for all that I did get to share with her, and that God granted her presence in my life. She was a blessing, and I will cherish the memories of my grandma as long as I live. Thank God for the memories.

2 comments:

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Thank you for your sweet comment. I wish you lived close too so that I could cut your hair and we could meet in person!

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. I was extremely close to my grandpa who passed away in 2002. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him. But the great thing is that I know he is in a much better place and I can feel him watching over me. Although we can't see them with our physical eyes, I know their spirits are there watching over us. :)

Have a great day! :)

Kiera said...

One day I was at your Grandma's house and she was cooking (I forget what, but something with red chile). She spilled the red chile all over the kitchen and I went in there to help her clean it up. I lip synched to her "Mayme, let me help you clean this". She stuck her tongue out (not at me but in the way she always did) and said "eeeeee, I made a mess, but dont worry about me, I got it taken care of". I helped her anyway. Just remember those words she said "Dont worry about me, I got it taken care of"!