Friday, December 3, 2010

More Baby Thoughts.. Like I think about anything else these days....

The other night, I was looking at my cat Ginger as she sprawled out on the floor. She was stretched out on her back, flicking her tail back, and forth, and looked at me with her pretty green eyes. My heart swelled with love for her, and I admired her beauty, and wanted to cuddle her close. Later I let my dog inside, and watched her excitement as she relished in seeing me, and I too felt such joy with her presence. I thought about how very much I love my animals. They are my family, and I cherish them. I thank God for their loyalty, and unconditional love. As I was thinking about this I thought that if I could love these animals this much... my socks are going to be knocked off with how much I love my baby when I get to meet him/her. I know that pets are different then people, but to me I can't imagine my life without my furry friends. So I know that I am going to be crazy, and head over heels in love with our child. I am going to smother our baby with kisses, and love. I have memories when I was a small child of my mom kissing me.. she would pick me up and kiss me repeatedly all over my neck and all over my face.. I would laugh because it tickled. The other day I told my mom that I remembered her doing that to me, and she smiled and told me how she recalled those days too. She said my grandma used to shake her head at her, and tell her how crazy in love she was.
I am trying to soak every bit of this pregnancy in, because I know it will soon be a memory! Everyday I look at myself in the mirror, and I am amazed that I am pregnant. It is weird how suddenly the body changes. At first you look the same, and then overnight it seems like hello baby bump... Yup there is a baby in there!!

2 comments:

Kiera said...

Awww, your so cute Bri! Love ya!

nikkibrey said...

I am so happy for you congratulations! The love you feel for your baby is like no other. I love my girls so much it hurts, they are my life!