
I always seem to get the blues after Christmas is over. All the hustle and bustle dies down, and the Christmas carols fade, the kitchen loses that cookie baked smell, and Christmas movies stop playing on TV. Oh but how blessed we were this Christmas. Christmas Eve was hosted at our home. It was small, but homey and wonderful. Cory's parents and mine came, and we ate a lot, and talked, and just enjoyed one another's company. Christmas day we drove to the mountains and had a wonderful waffle breakfast with Cory's parents and my brother in law and his girlfriend. We opened presents, and felt too spoiled, and are very thankful for how blessed we are. Then we ventured to other family homes and enjoyed in more love, laughter, and food... again sometimes we feel too spoiled, and lucky to have so much. I have had several talks with God about abundant blessings, and he always tells me the same thing. Read the word and your soul will be soothed.. I admit that I have not been reading my Bible like I should, and it is true, when I read it, I am much more at ease about living my life, because I am constantly aware who is in control. I have also realized that it is okay if you don't understand certain things in the Bible, just keep reading, take it in, and God will do the rest. My belly is growing with our little baby, and I find myself all over the place with wonders, questions, feelings, thoughts, concerns and anticipation. Now that the Holidays are coming to a close I am aware that sooner then we think our baby will be here. Our lives will forever be changed, and as exciting as it is, and as long as we have been wanting this..it is a little scary. I am feeling the baby more and more, and it is so neat. Currently the baby is the size of a large tomato. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
4 comments:
So glad you had a good Christmas, and I agree... it flew by!!! Love the pic of you by the tree with your little baby belly, so cute. I loved that feeling of the baby moving around in me. I know what you mean about abundant blessings! Have a happy New Year!
Happy New Year! Love the picture of you! You look beautiful with the cute baby belly ;) Feeling the baby is an amazing gift.
Thank you so much for coming over and eating dinner with us on Christmas day. Having your mom and Dave and Cor's parents was so nice!
pssst- you are going to make an AMAZING mother! Look at Bri's baby bump- HOW CUTE!!!! (I know, you love my CAP letters) :-)
Congratulations on your baby! Next Christmas he/she will joining in on the festivities!
Post a Comment