Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Whoa Baby..


I have been toying with the idea of ending this blog. I haven't been here in a while, since my last sad post about our house getting robbed. But time has passed since those sad days and things are a lot better. It seemed we were so preoccupied with what happened to our home that we weren't really thinking about what it seemed we were always thinking about. A baby. And so on Sept. 17th when I took a pregnancy test, you could imagine my surprise when I saw a dark blue plus sign appear before my eyes. I was so surprised that I screamed by myself in the bathroom. I am very excited and happy. I also am feeling so many other emotions that I am learning come along with pregnancy! But overall I feel joy and happiness, and find myself wondering about our little baby. A little product of me and Cory in the making. While some people say that it is best to hold off telling others... it was just too hard to hold it in, especially since we have had so many people hoping, and praying right along with us. I didn't share my news in any of the ways I had imagined doing so in the past.. charades, with food, written in the sky by jets...Nope just simply everyday since we found out we spilled the beans to our closest family, and then before we knew it, we pretty much spilled all the beans, but have enjoyed the reactions of happiness and encouragement from our loved ones.... my due date is May, 23, 2011, which seems so far away.. but I know it will be here before we know it. I think some of the shock has worn off, and now I am full of anticipation, and wonderment. And so the ride begins... here we go!

4 comments:

Kiera said...

I hope you dont end your blog :-(. I was SOOOOO elated when you told me- over the moon! He does answer prayers and you are proof! I am here for you anytime you need me!

Brianne said...

WELCOME BACK! I missed you blogger friend! I kept wondering if you were OK & it's not like I can call & check on you. ;) IAM SO SO EXCITED for you & Cory!!! Can't wait to keep reading more posts. Hint, hint ;)congratulations!

JMC said...

I have been wondering about how you were dealing with the break in. But what a wonderful blessing the Lord bestowed upon you in a time where He asked you to trust Him to keep you safe and remind you of worldy things verses heavenly. All this is much easier said than done, I know. Bu how sweet a blessing. I love that you are telling people -- rejoice with those who rejoice and should anything go wrong (praying that your baby would go to term) mourn with those who mourn, you know? I know the plight of wanting a baby -- and the Lord has now seen fit to bless us with two beautiful girls.

So, hear this...

"Children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." Psalm 127:3

Blessings!

Andrea Fortenberry said...

Congratulations Brianna, I am so happy for you and Cory! I pray that you're feeling well!