
Life isn't always picnics, and starbucks coffee. Infact in my experience, life is full of imperfections. Imperfect jobs, imperfect people, imperfect appearances. Everywhere you look, one is quick to tally negative thoughts about things and people, why?? Because those very same people are imperfect!!
Sometimes I look in the mirror, and I study the face looking back. In my eyes, at times this is the view.. freckles, red blotch on my nose, tiny ears, and frizzy hair.. should I go on. What I have been learning is that God, the only perfect being..created me... and you. In his eyes we are beautiful, and he loves each of us for who we are.
One day in my small group class for church we had to write down one physical feature that we loved about our spouse. You know what my wonderful husband said? He said,
"I love my wife's gap between her two front teeth." My whole life I have debated on whether to get that gap fixed, but finally one day I decided that is me. I opted against it. My mom has that same gap. It represents her, and me. It is sort of a trademark, and God designed it. He does not get things wrong.. you know?
Imperfections are everywhere, life will never be perfect. And, all those people that seem to have perfect lives... they don't! Everyone has hardships, secrets, and worries. Though this is true, life is still so beautiful and special..but never perfect.
Just when you think you are coming up short.. we all are!! No one is perfect. Life is really a roller coaster.. and you have to hold on tight. Stay true to yourself, and enjoy the ride. It goes by faster then we know!!
1 comment:
Imperfections is what makes life an adventure!
Post a Comment