Okay so I know since I have had Mason it seems like whenever I update this blog, I write about him. But the fact is that he is so much of me, and everything I do now involves him. I mean not everything, but mostly everything. Anyway it's almost 2:30 in the morning and here I sit looking at my blog, because I couldn't sleep. And when I am able to sleep, I won't be because Mason will be bright eyed, and ready to play.
I was reading about when I discovered I was pregnant, and how I was feeling, and back aches, and Charlie horses, and food cravings....... and while I was reading it hit me... It was Mason in my belly. I didn't know then what I know now. Sure I loved my baby, was excited to be pregnant, to meet my baby, to find out boy or girl... but it was Mason who kicked me, Mason who grew from a bean to a watermelon, mason who made me a mom! What I mean is I didn't really grasp that my child would be as wonderful as he is. Everyday I am getting to know his little personality. He is smiley, and flirty, but he also can get really cranky. Sometimes while he is crying he will start laughing at the same time. It really is cute. He likes to grab my face and pull it to his mouth and he screams while drooling on me...it is funny for sure. It was Mason this dear, precious baby boy who lived in me, before he lived outside of me. Looking back I can now see and almost hear a clock ticking as the months went by as my body grew Mason. We knew we were having a baby, we knew our life was going to change, we thought we knew...but we really didn't know. It was Mason!! I wonder if he knew how much we were going to love him. I wonder if when he was laid on my chest after he was born if he thought "yeah I have them right where I want them". We are thrilled everyday to have his little soul that brings us so much joy. I mean real joy is in our house... and it started with God who brought us together. He gave us love to share with eachother. In that love grew a gift...and It Was Mason!
No comments:
Post a Comment