Friday, June 10, 2011

Life With My Little Man


Life sure has changed in the Dupuy house since our little angel arrived. I'm not going to lie, at first it was really hard. I had a little post partum depression and it really freaked me out. They warned me at the hospital not to be surprised if I started crying out of the blue. I thought that was strange... but wow it happened to me. I was a mess. Crying, worrying about not being a good mom, worrying about Mason if he was okay, worrying about how I was going to get everything done, and feeling so guilty that I had this little miracle that I had been praying for and here I was so sad, with this ache in my heart that I couldn't get rid of. It was HORRIBLE. I heard about post partum depression, but I just never in a million years thought it would happen to me.... and now i have compassion for those who face depression, because it is real, and it is scary, and you feel totally alone, like you are in a hole you keep trying to get out of, and you can't. After going to my two week check up, the doctor told me that what I was going through was completely normal, and not to feel crazy. She said it is a combination of hormones, lack of sleep, and just the change of lifestyle. I seriously was so scared that I wasn't going to feel normal again, and I felt really alone. I kept praying to God to help me be myself again... and finally one day I was familiar to myself. My mom was such a huge blessing to me, she stayed over with me to help me, and she held me while I cried, reassured me that it would get better and prayed for me. It feels so good to be back to myself, and now I can fully enjoy my little Mason........ who by the way is the cutest baby I have ever seen. He is very sweet, and I can't believe how much he has already grown. He is already 10 lbs. I kiss him so much that I make him mad... but I can't help it. Cory gets home from work and there is a magnetic force from him to Mason as soon as he walks in the door, he goes straight to his baby boy and loves on him. I really can't imagine not having Mason, and I thank God for him. At night my prayers begin for him, and when I wake almost always by his little cries my heart yearns to comfort him. I love taking care of my baby. I massage his little body after baths which he loves, I sing to him silly little songs, usually ones I make up myself. This mom needs to polish up on nursery rhymes. So thankfully I am feeling better and better able to enjoy my little monkey butt, yeah I call him that along with my love, Masonater, chubber lover, and sweetie pie.....Oh he is sooooooo precious and dear!

3 comments:

Brianne said...

So glad you're feeling better! I can say I know how it feels, there is nothing else like it. Mason is a doll!!!! Sorry I haven't sent his gift yet but hopefully soon ;)

Kiera said...

Your a wonderful mom! Keep it up. They grow fast.

Cheryl said...

He's adorable!! And so is his mother!!!